We provide individualized learning services for students based on their unique learning profile. We are able to work with students to help them achieve their own personal goals and interventions recommended in a neuropsychological evaluation.
The types of interventions and services offered include:
- Multi-sensory learning for students in pre-kindergarten to fifth grade who benefit from a supportive, motivating and positive environment.
- Individual tutoring lessons in reading (decoding, fluency, comprehension), spelling, written expression, word study and more.
- Implementing movement based strategies including yoga, Alert Program and Brain Gym.
- Developing and implementing appropriate lessons using evidence-based programs, including Orton-Gillingham, Handwriting Without Tears, Read Naturally, Structured Word Inquiry and Expanding Expressions Tool.
- Working with the student and family to effectively manage the homework process.
- Collaborate with allied professionals to ensure a cohesive intervention plan.
- Build students’ confidence and reduce anxiety.
- Advocacy services include consultation with schools (Latin School of Chicago, Francis Parker, Sacred Heart, British International School, Lycee Francais de Chicago), attendance at school meetings, and quarterly phone/email discussions with other service providers.
We offer the opportunity to participate in small group classes and workshops in the summer. These half-day programs are suitable for students entering first through fourth grade, and take place at our Lincoln Park facility and Three Oaks, Michigan location. Classes include book clubs, word wizards and back to school blast off. Each group is capped at a maximum of 5 students, and foster skill building and collaborative play during summer break. Please contact us for more information.